At Andrews, we have a proud heritage that is truly one of a kind. Our founder, Cecil Jackson Cole, not only set up globally renowned charities such as Age UK and Oxfam, but also transformed the way that business and charity are able to work together in harmony.
For Jackson Cole, the purpose of his business was to make money to fund his charitable initiatives, which aimed to tackle poverty and housing issues on both a national and global scale. Before he died, he transferred the owner ship of Andrews Property Group over to two charitable Trusts, The Christian Book Promotion Trust, known as Speaking Volumes and, our main shareholder, Andrews Charitable Trust.
Our history is a proud one, and we are delighted to be continuing the work of our founder, adhering to his vision over 70 years after he initially pioneered it. Our social purpose is about far more than the sales and lets we are able to achieve within the walls of our branches, it’s about protecting the legacy of Andrews that has withstood the test of time for over 70 years already.
We work with two charitable trusts, Speaking Volumes which has a 15% stake in Andrews, and Andrews Charitable Trust, which has the remaining 85%. A guaranteed proportion of our yearly profits go towards these shareholders, allowing them to continue the work they do on local, national and global scales.
Find out more about our Founder and our history in the booklet below.