What do I need to provide for a mortgage
Here’s a list of the minimum information you’ll need to provide, though different lenders will ask for different things.
- Passport ideally, thought lenders will also accept a full UK deriving licence showing your current address.
- If you don’t have a British or EU passport, or a passport from Norway, Switzerland, Iceland or Lichtenstein, lenders will also want to see your residency card or visa.
Proof of name and address
- Bank statement showing your name & address
- Council tax statement for the current year
- Utility bill from the last 3 months, which can be water, landline internet, electricity and gas bill (but not a mobile phone bill)
Proof of income and deposit
- Your last 3 payslips
- Your last 3 bank statements, showing your name, address and your salary credit (if you have separate bill paying accounts, we will also need the last 3 months of these)
- If you’re self-employed, your last 3 years of tax returns and tax year overviews (or however many you do have if it’s less than 3 years’ worth)Proof of other types of income, like bonuses and rental income
- Proof of your deposit (like a bank statement)If your deposit is a gift, you’ll need a letter from the person giving it to you confirming they don’t expect it to be repaid
What are people saying about us?
Striving to create perfection in an ever growing collection of beautiful properties.David Westgate, Group Chief Executive